Dr Hayward offers effective non-surgical treatment to remove a range of skin blemishes:
Milia, age/sun spots, acne scars, skin tags, seborrheic keratosis, broken vessels, moles and warts resulting in natural beautiful skin.
What are milia?
Milia are small, hard, white/yellow keratin-filled cysts formed under the skin. They mostly appear around the nose, cheeks, eyes and eyelids (however can be anywhere on the body) and occur when dead skin is trapped under the skin surface.
What are sun spots / lentigo?
Commonly referred to as ‘sun spots’ or ‘age spots’, lentigos are flat brown spots of pigmentation which most frequently appear on the cheeks or hands. They are more common in those aged over 40 and are caused by accumulative sun exposure.
What is a skin tag?
Skin tags are very common and harmless. They are small brown or flesh-coloured growths hanging off the skin varying in size from 3mm-5cm wide. They’re usually located on the armpits or neck.
What are cherry angiomas?
Cherry angiomas are small raised red spots often seen on the trunk or chest
What are thread veins / spider naevi?
Thread veins or broken capillaries commonly occur around or under the nose, or on the cheeks & are often the underlying cause of redness on the cheeks. Spider Naevi are a cluster of broken vessels that can look like a red spot. They occur most frequently on the chest or cheeks and can be quickly & easily removed with thermocoagulation.
What are seborrheic keratosis?
Seborrheic Keratosis is a common non cancerous growth on the skin (also called senile warts/brown warts) usually found on the chest, back, shoulders, face and stomach.
We can also treat warts, verrucas, moles (that are deemed medically safe for removal) and other small lumps & bumps.
How does treatment work?
All lesions will be assessed, diagnosed & the best method of removal decided. Dr Hayward will either use a cryopen (for precision freezing called cryotherapy) or a thermocoagulation technique using a very small needle delivering pulses of heat energy. Treatments usually take less than 30 minutes. Prices start from £50 & will depend on the type & number of lesion/s.
Are there any side effects?
Overall blemish removal is a safe & well tolerated treatment. It produces excellent cosmetic results and side effects are mild and temporary. However as with all medical procedures, there are some potential risks which you need to be aware of listed below.
- Potential side effects related to using a needle for the procedure include:
- Temporary discomfort – brief, can be reduced with emla cream
- Redness at the site (maximal 20 – 40 minutes post procedure, can last up to 48 hours)
- Bruising or scab formation (usually small & fades within 1 week)
- Swelling (mild, can last up to 48 hours after treatment)
- Infection (very rare)
- Potential side effects related to thermocoagulation (diathermy) include:
- Incomplete removal – larger veins & extensive areas are likely to require further treatments. Allow a minimum time interval of 4 weeks between further treatment sessions.
- Recurrence – some veins may resolve initially & then gradually reoccur & require further treatment. Allow up to 12 weeks to see the full effect of treatment.
- Hyperpigmentation – rare
- Blistering – rare
- Dimple or pin size pit in the skin (most heal & resolve over a few weeks)
- Scarring (rare) – best to undertreat & return for a top up than over treat in 1 session.
Appointments at The Fulham Clinic: 07522 762355